Saturday, November 10, 2007


The Osmonds and our soldiers.


What do they have in common you ask? I LOVE them both, and I say it proudly. ;-) I have always loved the Osmonds. It is my firm belief that Merill is very underated. The man can SANG. :-)


Now, I'm not an Oprah fan (sorry Kwizgiver) but I did watch the last half of her show yesterday when the Osmonds were on it. ALL of them. :-) That's one time I wish I was in her audience. :-) I so wish I had remembered to record it. Anyway, they ended the show with the classic "Donny and Marie" sign off. I admit that I did tear up. Hearing them sing that song made me feel like a little girl again. We watched Donny and Marie EVERY week. I wish they still had variety shows like that on. Shows the family could sit down and watch together. Yes, some of it was very silly, even cheesy, but it was good, clean entertainment. I miss that.
Let's enjoy some cheesy fun! :-)

I have spent most of the morning filling out Christmas cards for the soldiers. I will be doing quite a bit of baking in the next couple of weeks, and the cookies will be sent to the soldiers as well. Specifically my soldier, and a unit of about 40 marines. :-) I can't think of a better reason to bake. :-)


Thank you to all of you who have commited to adopting a soldier. It is truly one of the most rewarding things in the world to do. :-)


Love,

Wendy Darling

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love D&M too. Thanks for sharing the clip. I'll have to go to UTube to finish watching though, the 2nd half wouldn't play for me. :o( I agree - I wish they still had the good ol' variety shows.

I had not heard about the adopt a soldier thing, I'll have to go check that out!

Princess LadyBug said...

Okay, I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. Thanks!

BTW, my very first record player was a Donnie & Marie record player. It was purple and it came with Donnie & Marie dolls that you put on stands and they spun when you played a record. There was also a microphone so you could sing along. My first and last shot at karoake. :P

marine's words said...

I laugh so hard seeing the old D&M it was a fun time. I had the bigest crash on him. I love seeing them on Oparh the other day it even made me cry how far we have all come. And Donny is still cute!!
marina