Friday, October 10, 2008

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

OK, I know I said I would post Day #2 of our vacation today, but I forgot it was Friday; and Friday is recipe swap day. :-) So, I'll post about Day #2 tomorrow. :-)

Just the other day I posted about the NEW Soldiers' Angels cook book. I have some recipes in the cook book, so I thought I would post one of the ones that I submitted. That way you would get an idea of what kind of recipes are included. ;-)

This one was actually given to me by my sister, Michelle, so she does get the credit. ;-) It is a really great recipe. Enjoy.

Easy Lasagna

3 lb. ground beef
2 jars Prego Spaghetti sauce (we use tomato,onion,garlic flavor) 1 large jar and 1 medium jar
2 cans Italian tomato paste
1 box lasagna noodles
1 medium onion, chopped
garlic, chopped; to taste
About 3 8oz packages of Mozzarella cheese

Combine ground beef, onion, and garlic in a pan. Cook until meat is browned; drain all excess fat and return to the pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato paste, simmer until hot.
Cook noodles until almost done (you will need about 12 noodles) Drain. In a 13 X 9 casserole dish layer bottom of dish so that it is covered. (About 6 noodles). Spoon the sauce over noodles, so that all of it is covered. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Repeat steps for a second layer. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until noodles are soft, and it is baked all the way through. Serve with salad and garlic bread. refrigerate or freeze leftovers. Tastes just as good reheated.

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: