Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dear Peter,

This will be a short post. It is late and I need to get to bed. We have been planning our family vacation for October this year. I have to admit, at first I was skeptical, and did not want to get too excited for fear we would not be able to go, again. Something always seems to happen. But, I just can't help it. I am excited! I can't sleep, because I keep having this song run through my head. It is only part of the song, the theme to the Mary Tyler Moore show "You're gonna make it after all...." over and over and over.....

Dear older nephew has a karate tournament in Oklahoma, so we have decided to leave on the Wednesday before and take our time getting there. :-) We have poured over travel books, online maps, state maps, etc. and have planned a great vacation. Most of the places we are going are "off the beaten path", but great for kids. The best part, most have free admission. :-) It's just small stops here and there. Stops to visit a hands-on museum, or a store, or just to get a picture of a building we will be driving past. Nothing huge, fancy, or costly. But, it will be fun and we will be doing it TOGETHER; building memories. :-) We even have 3 of the restaurants we will eat at picked out, because we saw them in the travel guides! :-)

We get to actually rent a car and stay in HOTELS! :-) We are saving our pennies, literally, like crazy. (not to mention the dimes, nickels and quarters). We have most of it all planned. I just can't wait to get away. October doesn't seem very far away now. :-)

I have to get to bed now, so I will write again soon. Tell the Lost Boys and Tink that I said, "Hi". :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: