Plans for the week....
Little Mark leaves for camp tomorrow morning and I have been making plans of what I should do this week while he is away. After careful consideration I have decided on the following activities:
1) Get caught up on Scrapbooking at least one day
2) Watch movies via Netflix streaming/and on DVD, also via Netflix
3) Eat lots and lots of salsa
5) play Skip-Bo with my Mom
6) Eat lots and lots of salsa
7) Reread the manual to my digital camera and play around with it to see if I can learn to use it better, and I really should take some time to read more
8) Occasionally clean the house and cook a meal
9) Did I mention eat salsa?
That sounds like a full week of productivity to me. :-)
Monday, June 14, 2010
Yes, I'm still alive.... and a recipe
Wanted to stop in and let y'all know that I am still kickin'. :-) I am also pretty worn out from VBS today, so I'm not doing a whole post. I do have several "in the works" though, so I will be posting soon.
For some unknown reason I have REALLY been craving stuffed jalapenos and salsa lately. Don't ask me why, but I could literally live off the stuff. Thankfully, jalapenos are inexpensive, and the salsa takes less than 5 minutes to make. :-) SO, here is the recipes.
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 jalapeno (chop the top off)
about 1/2 of a medium Noonday onion (any onion will work, but Noonday is in season and they aren't hot)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp. sugar
Put everything in a blender until smooth.
That's it. It's all fresh ingredients, except the canned tomatoes, and it tastes great. For a milder salsa take the seeds out of the jalapeno first.