Monday, December 25, 2006


Dear Peter,

Today was a wonderful Christmas. I really enjoyed most of the whole weekend. :-)

My sister, BIL, and youngest nephew spent the weekend with us. This was the first time that they have done that since they have been married. :-) We spent the weekend eating, laughing, and playing Chicken Foot. :-) I loved it. Not just that it was fun, but just the "bonding". At least, I felt it.

I have never really been able to spend quality time with my sister and her husband. My brother visits, and they like a lot of the same movies, music, etc... they have the same sense of humor. But, I had never really felt like I had been able to spend time to "get to know him" and just have fun. It really meant a lot to me. :-) (So, when you're reading this Laslo, I hope you had just as much fun.)

This year was the first year we had the "Advent Wreath". I really enjoyed lighting the candles each week, and bringing the focus back around to Jesus. Last night the youngest nephew got to get in on the lighting of the candles. Our tradition of reading Luke 2 was carried on with my sister reading it this year. That was really nice. My brother continued his tradition of reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas", this time with the youngest nephew as well. It was so nice to see the "young, innocent, wide-eyed excitement of a child. :-)

Today we finished the Advent Wreath with a family prayer. I really appreciate Laslo leading us in such a beautiful prayer. :-)

And last, but not least, the food and the PRESENTS! Yes, the oldest nephew got the digital camera he wanted. :-) His favorite gift of them all. :-) And Santa did not disappoint "little one". He did bring the Buckaroo game. :-)

Yes, we did have our disagreements, and the kids did argue and throw fits. After all, we are a family. :-) But, all in all it was the nicest Christmas I can remember in a LONG time. I really hope we can do it again next year. :-)

By the way, I am visiting Laslo and Queen B in May. It would be great if I could come a day or two early, so we can play games and just relax before we have to go to the seminars. You up for it? :-)

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.
Love,
Wendy Darling

2 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

I really enjoyed it too. Thanks again for inviting me.

WendyDarling said...

Thank you for coming!! I was a lot of fun! :-)