Friday, June 19, 2009

Weigh-In #3 and Friday Recipe Swap

Well, this has been a busy week. :-) I am baking the nephew's birthday cake for tomorrow. I am going to make a few changes from the one I did last week. We'll see what happens. :-)

Tomorrow is the family party, and the day he gets all of his presents from us. :-)

"Little Mark" leaves for camp on Monday morning, so I have spent all week making sure he has everything he needs, and getting it together. I will spend Sunday afternoon helping him pack, and writing his name on EVERYTHING. :-) I plan to include a few "we love you" and "have a great day" notes hidden among his clothing. He has requested that I pack each days outfits as a set, so he can just "grab and dress". I am going to mark the set he wears on Thursday, so I can hide a birthday card in there, as well as $5. That way he gets a little surprise on his actual birthday. :-)

I know, it's corny; but I'm corny like that. ;-)

OK, the weigh-in for today is: I lost 3 lbs. this week. :-) It's moving slow, but at least it is moving in the right direction. :-)

Now for the recipe. :-) Remember, you can find more recipes by going to Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe. Gayle is so great about hosting this each week. If you want to participate, just post a recipe and link it to "Mr. Linky." :-)

Sassy Southwest Egg Rolls (From the Hungry Girl Cook Book)

3 Original (not large) Low Carb/High Fiber Tortillos (she recommends La Tortilla Factory)
1 oz of cooked, skinless, lean chicken breast; shredded (I used 98% Fat Free canned chicken)
3/4 C frozen, chopped spinach; thawed and thoroughly drained.
2 T canned black beans
2 T canned sweet corn, drained
1 oz fat free jalepeno jack cheese, shredded (I used the sandwich slices)
1 T diced red chili pepper

For sauce
2 T fat free sour cream
1 T mashed avocado
1 T diced tomato
1/2 t dry ranch dressing mix/dip mix
black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.In a small bowl combine chicken, spinach, beans, corn, cheese and chili pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds.

Warm tortillas for 15 seconds. Place 1/3 of mixture in center of tortilla. Fold sides in and roll from bottom to top.

Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, and place wraps seam side down on pan.

Bake 12 minutes flipping half-way through the cooking process. Egg rolls will be crispy when done.

In a small bowl combine all ingredients for the sauce. Let egg rolls cool a few minutes and enjoy with the sauce. :-)

This makes 2 servings. Each serving is 181 calories, and 4.5 g of fat. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: