Friday, April 16, 2010

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

Hello, again!! Well, I've been meaning to blog for several weeks and just haven't made it yet. I even have some blogging topics, such as "the snake", "some pictures to share", etc. But, I'll get to those. :-) I thought a recipe might be a good way to get me back into "the swing of things".

I'm doing some baking this week, to help out the youth of our church with their fundraiser. I decided to make some "Rice Krispie Cookies" because they are SO GOOD and they might bring in a little money. The fact that I doubled the recipe so we could have a few as well had absolutely nothing to do with my decision. :-)

I got the recipe from this cookbook:





If you ever get a chance to look at it please do; there are many recipes in the book, not just desserts. For you "healthy food" people out there they even have a bran muffin recipe. If you make it, please let me know how it tastes. :-)

After you leave here, please hop over to Gayle's and check out the other awesome recipes linked there. If you would like to join the recipe swap just post a recipe and follow the directions to Mr. Linky at Gayle's. :-)

Rice Krispie Cookies

Ingredients:

1 C flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. baking powder

1/ 4 tsp. salt

1/2 C butter or margarine, softened

1/2 C granulated sugar

1/2 C firmly packed brown sugar

1 large egg

1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1 C Kellog's Rice Krispies

1 C quick-cooking oats

1/2 C shredded coconut

Preheat 350 degrees F

Lightly coat two large cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.

Cream butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add both sugars and cream together. Add the egg and vanilla, beating to incorporate. Stir in the reserved flour mixture. Combine well. Stir in the oatmeal, cereal and coconut.

Drop the mixture by level measuring tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned. Cool completely and store in airtight container.

Enjoy!! :-)


Love,

Wendy Darling



1 comment:

Julie said...

Well, those look pretty darn tasty and I may even have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks!