Friday, March 30, 2012

PhotobucketGrocery Cart Challenger Recipe Swap

It's been quite awhile since I've participated in the recipe the recipe swap, so I felt I should dive right back in with something totally unhealthy that tastes amazing.  :-)  And Easter is coming up so perhaps you want a new recipe to take to your family/church gathering.  I have taken these cookies to Singles events, 4-H bake sales and to a church event.  Believe me when I tell you they were VERY well received.  :-)

If you'd like to see more recipes, or participate in the challenge, please go to Gayle's blog HERE:

I actually found this recipe on Pinterest thanks to my friend, Sunny.  :-)   (Side note:  Are y'all addicted to Pinterest yet?  HOLY MOLY there's so much there)   :-)   One of these years I'll make all of the recipes I've "pinned" to my board.  LOL.. :-)

Of course,  I  put my own twist on this recipe, and that is the one I'll be posting here.  I have noted where I made a change to the original.  I like to give credit where credit is due, so if you'd like to see the original recipe you may go HERE:

Nutella Chocolate Chip, Toffee Cookies 
 Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla ( my change)
1/4 cup Nutella
1-1/2 bags chocolate chips ( my change)
1/2 bag of Toffee bits (My change)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.

3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, the sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla until combined.

4. Gradually add the flour until the mixture is combined.

5. Then mix Nutella. Finally add in the chocolate chips and Toffee Bits.

6. Use cookie scoop and drop on baking sheets and bake for 9-11 minutes.

Oh. My. Goodness!!!  If you think these sound sinful, you'd be right. Remember, moderation is the key.  And it will be hard to put into practice.  :-)    I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: