Saturday, December 26, 2015

Hello, and Merry Christmas!   It's been a VERY long time since I've posted to this blog, and to be honest I almost deleted it more than once.

But, a few weeks ago a very sweet friend told me that she really missed reading my blog.  That made me feel good.  I've often had things to write about, but just didn't because I didn't want it to be negative and also I was SUPER, SUPER busy trying to get the nephew finished with high school.  He graduated on Dec. 5th, so that excuse/reason is gone.  :-)

I've decided to resurrect this blog but, I want it to have a purpose.  Do I write about spiritual things?  Food?  Witty things?  Hmmmm.... something to think/pray about.

Speaking of prayer; that's what been on my heart and should be written about today.  :-)

Several of you probably saw the movie "War Room" like I did.  That movie truly stirred something in my soul; convicting would be a proper description.  I desire the kind of prayer life Ms. Clara has.   Somewhere along the way I have allowed my prayer life to become "lukewarm".  Bad thing.  (Rev. 3:16)

So, for Christmas I asked for the DVD of "War Room" as well as the book The Battle Plan for Prayer    and I got them.  :-)   I have already read the introduction and have been blessed just from that!  I am so excited to start this journey.

As I've stated before, I don't do "resolutions".  Resolutions are things we "hope to do" and give up at some point.  I want a "plan of action" for an important change in my life.  That's what I am putting together with this book.  God has used the movie and book to make that needed change; at least it's starting.  :-)   I plan to document/blog as I go through it.  Perhaps my thoughts on it might help others.  All 2 or 3 of you who read it.  LOL...  ;-)

If you haven't seen the movie, please do.  If you don't buy it I'm sure Redbox will have it.  Or, your church library.  I believe more prayer warriors is exactly what this world needs, and I want to be one of them!  God, use me for YOUR glory.  :-)

See you next time...


Photobucket

1 comment:

Julie said...

And a Happy New Year to you!

Yes, blogging is harder than it used to be. My poor site has such cobwebs. I have never thought of deleting it (that seems to tragic and permanent), but I have thought about at least an entry to tell the world we have moved out of the inner city. Not sure if there would be anyone left to read it. Or even care.

I have not seen War Room yet, but it is on my list. Glad to hear you give it a thumbs up.

Hope to see more of you around these parts. :) I'll try to check in on Feedly more often, too.