This "assignment" was given to me by FlyLady. (www.flylady.net) I am supposed to write 37 lessons that I have learned in my 37 years of life. ( One lesson for every year old you are) :-) I chanllenge everyone who reads this "letter" to do the same. Here are my lessons that I have learned, in no particular order.
1. There really is no sweeter sound than that of a child laughing.
2. It is better to keep your mouth shut and have others think you a fool than to speak and prove them right. (Thank you Bro. Doug)
3. You really can't roast marshmallows in a microwave.
4. The Great Commission really is the greatest commandment in the Bible, and the hardest to follow.
5. I'm not as dumb as I used to think . I learned how to use a computer! :-)
6. Doodlebops IS more annoying than the Wiggles.
7. Water really is good for you.
8. When you don't listen to the Lord, there WILL BE consequences.
9. There is no greater gift than family.
10. Always plant in the evening, and use Miracle Grow. (lesson from Papa).
11. Less is more.
12. ALWAYS check www.snopes.com before passing on e-mails. (thank you, Dave)
13. Spell check is a good thing.
14. I can do anything for 15 minutes!
15. No matter how you cook it, liver still tastes bad.
16. There are no "coincidences", everything that happens is part of a master plan.
17. Time alone is not only nice, it is a neccessity.
18. The house will not fall down if company "drops by" and the floor is not vaccumed.
19. I don't have to eat the whole candy bar to be satisfied.
20. Be prepared!!
21. I do have good leadership skills, and I enjoy being a leader.
22. You must "stretch" and "grow" as a person or you will not be truly happy. (get out of your comfort zone)
23. If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
24. Organization is key.
25. No matter how bad you think your life is, there is always someone worse off than you.
26. Mr. Snuffaluffagus is REAL!!!
27. Character is everything.
28. To survive in this life you MUST have a good sense of humor. Laugh at yourself.
29. Hobbies save your sanity.
30. I will NEVER be perfect, and that is OK.
31. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
32. Take advantage of "teachable moments".
33. Music really does make the world go 'round.
34. Live each day as if it really was your last.
35. ALWAYS take the opportunity to tell your loved ones that you love them. You may not get another chance.
36. Humility is not a weakness.
37. The older I get the more I realize I have to learn.