Yep, it's me! :-)
I think I just heard a huge "gasp" in the blogosphere... yes, I am writing. :-) I can't believe that it has been so long since I have blogged... where does the time go?
I have started many blog posts, and even have a couple of them saved in notepad, that will probably never see the light of day. There are days when I had really great things I wanted to write about, and didn't have time to blog about it. Then there were days I wanted to be sentimental and inspiring... uh... yeah. Then there were the days I just wanted to vent, and they were mostly about politics. So, I typed them out. I even got up one morning at 3:00 a.m., because I just couldn't sleep, and began typing randomly. It made no sense, but helped me, so I guess it was therapeutic.
Then, I went through a time when I just didn't want to do anything. I stopped reading blogs I faithfully read everyday, and even considered whether or not I wanted to continue this one. I just went through a "funk." My mother swears I have entered menopause (sorry men), and she may be right. I even stopped posting recipes; the one thing I loved doing, and could always count on.
But, I'm feeling better now; I think I am getting my spirit of blogging back, and have even begun reading blogs again. ;-) I've missed them. It's like not talking to a good friend for a long time, and then losing touch.
One blog I read faithfully was My Best Investments, and I read it tonight for the first time in a long time. Leighton is the owner of this great blog, and he had a really good post I wanted to share with you titled, "Dreaming out Loud." I think you will enjoy it as much as I did. Makes a lot of sense.
I guess a readers digest version of "catch up with Wendy" might be in order, so here goes:
1. Homeschool is going great. New schedule this year seems to be working out.
2. Experiencing mood swings, and given to tears when I think of how the nephews are growing, pretty much anything sentimental.
3. 4-H is back in full swing, and I am NOT the manager. :-)
4. I am leading the photography project and it is going well.
5. Entering new season of life and, with God's help, surviving mood swings.
6. Very involved with church ministries and loving it.
7. GOD IS GOOD.
8. Pretty addicted to Facebook
9. Did I mention mood swings?
10. Biggest Loser competition... don't ask... They are doing it again in January
11. Chocolate is great for the mood swings, but NOT helpful in the Biggest Loser competition.
That about sums it up. ;-) Hopefully, I have not lost the 3 or 4 people who actually read my blog, and I hope you will come back. I have every intention of writing again soon. :-) Maybe next time we can share some spiced tea and cookies together.