Friday, November 20, 2009

Cookie Recipe

Well, I did it. I read the "Pioneer Woman Cooks" cook book cover to cover, and I have determined that it would take A LOT less time and effort to just buy the book rather than copy each of the recipes I want to try. :-) So, when I get the money I shall plop it down on a new copy. Seriously, this is one you should take a good look at. Be sure to ask for it at your public library. :-)

OK, today is Friday, and that means it is time for the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap. After you finish here be sure to hop on over to Gayle's to check out all of the great recipes linked there. :-)

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in a doctor's office waiting for my Mom, and I was flipping through magazines. I found this wonderful cookie recipe, and I was REALLY tempted to tear out the recipe and take it with me. But, since that is one of my HUGE PET PEEVES, I just searched for pen and paper and wrote as fast as possibly could to copy it down. It is beyond delicious! :-) I made them and for Bible Study this week, and there were NONE left. Since Christmas is coming, and many people will be attending cookie swaps, I thought it would be good to share this recipe with you. ENJOY!!

ROLO COOKIES

1 C butter
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
2t vanilla extract
2 1/4 C flour
1t baking soda
3/4 C unsweetened cocoa
48 Rolo candies (unwrapped)
Powdered sugar

Beat butter, gradually add sugars, beat well. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Combine dry ingredients. Gradually add to mixture and beat. Cover and chill 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Divide dough into 4 parts. Refrigerate the 3 parts you are not working with. Divide 1 part into 12 pieces. Flatten each piece and roll a Rolo into each one. Bake 8 minutes. Cool for 1 minute and then move to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Love,
Wendy Darling

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wendy, check Amazon today. I have the cookbook in my cart. It's only $10.75 right now. I bet you can find something for $15 to add to it and get free shipping. I think that's what I'm going to do. I can't wait to see it.

She'll be here in Houston the first weekend in December. I was planning on going to see her, but the stories of the lines and the waiting are giving me second thoughts. Want to come down and wait with me?

WendyDarling said...

I sure wish I could, Julie, but I won't be able to get to Houston that week. Have fun though!! :-)