Friday, December 04, 2009



Everything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas **

** but didn't care enough to ask.

I have no recipe today, so I am totally stealing this from Julie over at Elisharose News. :-) Thank you, Julie. :-)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I prefer Hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap. I love to wrap presents. :-) This year, I even wrapped empty boxes for decorations.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the trees, none on the house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes, but not this year.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The Saturday after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I love it all. That's part of the fun of the holidays. If I HAD to pick just one, okay two, I would say Fruit Cake Cookies, and Cheeseball.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I love them all. But, I still think THIS ONE is the best.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured it out when I was around 6 or 7. When I asked my parents they told me the truth. It wasn't a sad thing though, I kind of liked being "in the know" with the grown ups.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With ornaments we have collected over the past years.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT. Wish we had some.

12. Can you ice skate?
No. It is my firm belief that fat people who have no medical insurance should not be on any kind of skates, period.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I think that would be the stereo.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering the birth of THE Savior, and instilling the real reason for Christmas to the nephews.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Can't pick just one. Sorry.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Going to Santa Land to "kick off" the Christmas season.

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving!!!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I love so many, but I think it's Silent Night, or Mary Did You Know.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? I can't choose just one, I love and watch them all.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? There are no "sad" ones, but Christmas Shoes and Merry Christmas with Love always make me cry.

Need a Christmas break? Go ahead, copy this post and fill it out on your blog. And let me know about it so I can read it too. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

3 comments:

Julie said...

What fun. Did y'all get any of the snow yesterday? If it hadn't rained in the morning we would have had drifts. It snowed HARD for hours. It didn't start sticking for at least three. The kids had a lot of fun.

Kwizgiver said...

So... did you get snow??

WendyDarling said...

We got flurries for about 10 minutes. My sister works in Tyler, about 30 miles north, and they got snow for several hours as well. Didn't stick.

This morning we had ice on the roofs, cars and the bridges. I'm jealous of what y'all got in Houston. :-)