Saturday, December 12, 2009

Nostalgia....

I am really showing my age here, but all of these old Christmas specials are making me nostalgic. Yep, it happens every year, and I love the Christmas specials. :-) We watch most of them, and even enjoy some of the new ones. Did y'all happen to catch "Prep and Landing" the other night? I laughed so hard I cried. :-) It will definitely become a classic, in our house anyway. :-)

But, during the shows it hit me what I've been missing. A LONG time ago Kraft used to sponsor the Christmas shows, and every commercial break the "man with the nice voice" came on and gave several recipes, using Kraft products of course. I MISS THOSE. That was one of my favorite parts of all the shows.

Maybe that's why I love recipes/cook books now. Maybe I had an "inner cook" in me back then waiting to get out. :-)

My family and I talked about those commercials the other night, and it really made me want to see them again. I sure wish they would do those kind of commercials during the holidays now. It would be a HUGE improvement over the junk they show now.

Anyway, I spent some time on Youtube looking for the old commercials, and I finally found some. :-) I can't tell you how excited I am. :-)

Enjoy!! :-)








3 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

I miss those too! And apparently we aren't the only ones...

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/12/16/we-need-the-kraft-tv-specials-again-video/

And look what I found...

http://www.advertisingcookbooks.com/?page=shop/browse&category_id=160

Kwizgiver said...

I had forgotten all about those commercials! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.