Friday, November 21, 2008


Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap...

Happy Friday everyone :-) With the colder weather, and the holidays upon us, we all could use that little something "extra" on those cold mornings. So, today I am sharing a simple recipe for spice tea. I grew up drinking this tea. I have NO IDEA where the name came from, because there is not a single Russian ingredient in it, but it sure is good. :-)

Russian Tea Mix

1 C Tang
1/2 C instant tea with lemon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Mix well and store in an airtight container. To drink, just add two heaping teaspoons of the mix into a coffee cup and add hot water. Stir and enjoy. :-)

For more wonderful recipes please go to the Gayle's. She has a great recipe for making your own Windex! :-)

Love,
Wendy

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My mom always made this while I was growing up. The smell reminds me of her and of the winter months.

Charlene said...

I remember this tea from many years ago. Thanks for the reminder, I may have to make some of this!