Monday, October 25, 2010


I believe I need an editor...

Even though today is our first day back at school I've been goofing off on the computer some this morning. I'm waiting for "Little Mark" to finish an assignment, so I decide to just check out some blogs.

I am so far behind on reading some of my "favorite" blogs that I think I'm just going to have to empty my Google Reader and start with a clean slate. The thought of doing that kills me. But, every time I open up GR and see that big 1000 + staring back at me I remind myself of what an awful person I am for not keeping up with my friends blogs, especially the ones who are MUCH better than I am blog every day.

So, really it would be best for my self-esteem to just clear it. I'm sure they will understand. :-)

The one thing that REALLY bothers me though is when I go back and read MY blog posts and I see all of the mistakes. You know the ones that are written late at night, or in haste, and I just want to get it typed out? Yeah. I go back and I see so many stupid mistakes, like using the wrong form of a word; putting an apostrophe in the wrong spot; or my constant overuse of commas...

I am positive I have driven away several faithful readers who just couldn't continue to forgive me for my grammar/punctuation mistakes.

And we're not even going to discuss run-on sentences...

So, I think the only thing to do is "hire" a proofreader/editor. I wonder if there are any who wouldn't mind being paid in cookies...

Love,
Wendy Darling

4 comments:

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Ha! I know what you mean about being far behind in reading blogs!

And the statement about an editor is SO TRUE of me, too! *Are* instead of *our*, etc. People must wonder how on earth I ever homeschooled! LOL

Don't worry about me being critical of your grammar or spelling . . . & please have mercy on me, too!

Amanda said...

Don't stop blogging Wendy! And what exactly were you referring to when you mentioned a run-on sentence, I am just to confused by that, I mean, could you please explain? ;) Haha!

Julie said...

So your are hiring? I'll do a lot for cookies. : )

WendyDarling said...

LOL... this is why I love you ladies!! :-)