Yep, it's a list... again.
First, let me thank all of you for still hanging around. I think its' pretty obvious by now that I stink as a blogger. ;-) There are some days I have ideas for wonderful blog fodder, and then no time to blog. Most other days... I got nothin'. And, I've forgotten the wonderful blog fodder I had intended to blog about.
Like now. I really don't have much of anything, but after almost 2 months I feel I should at least poke my head up and wave a little to those of you still here. :-)
So, here's a list of what I've been up to:
1. I learned to play Chess. Now, this may seem rather boring to some of you, but I've wanted to learn for years. I actually did learn once, about 20 years ago. My brother taught me, but refused to play with me the first time I beat him. ;-) Then, he forgot how to play as well. So, we looked at this really great book;
and inside it says that Chess is one game all boys should know how to play. After all, it teaches strategy, concentration, and they learn how to be good winners/losers. So, Cleggy, "Little Mark" and I learned how to play Chess, and we have loved it. "Little Mark" is surprisingly VERY good. :-)
2. 4-H is now back in full swing. We have had the first Photography workshop, and the food show/challenge will be in November. A LOT of new faces in many of the clubs this year. I am so excited. I never did 4-H growing up, but I wish I had. It is such an amazing organization and really teaches kids leadership skills, as well as many other life skills. I have seen so many kids "come out of their shell" over the last few years, and really build there self-esteem. But, more importantly, edifying one another and teaching others. If you haven't looked into 4-H, you should definitely take a closer look. :-) And, as I always tell new prospects, "It's NOT just showing animals." ;-)
3. My college homecoming is coming up after the first of the year and I've been busy planning our chapter luncheon. I like to plan WAY ahead on things, especially when I'm working on a budget. I've decided on spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, cake (which I'm making) and tea/water. That's budget friendly and easy for our youth to serve us. ;-)
4. I've started filling in for the lady who does the desserts for our supper at church on Wednesday nights. Last night was my first time. I think it went pretty well. :-) It's only for a couple of months, and doesn't take a lot of time from "Little Mark's" school work. He does most of it on his own this year anyway.
I've been very pleased with this years' schedule. :-)
5. I'm also learning the Metric System along with "Little Mark." I don't know where you went to school, but I barely remember learning a LITTLE bit about it, but not much. And that was in elementary school. So, I know NOTHING. I love the way Math-U-See handles it though. And, I've been very pleased with how quickly "Little Mark" has caught on. He definitely has the mind for math. :-)
And, I have found that I REALLY like Math!
I KNOW! I can't believe I just typed that either!! :-) I even sent my college Math teacher an e-mail telling her how much I like Math now. I found myself looking at a receipt a couple of weeks ago, and I mentally put the total in Exponential Notation FOR FUN.
I'm such a nerd... ;-)
6. The weather has turned cooler and I LOVE it!! Fall and spring are my favorite seasons.
7. I'm getting very excited for Christmas!! :-)
You knew that one was coming, didn't you?
8. I'm now one of the teacher's in my Singles Sunday School class, and I really like it. :-) Our class is growing, and we have even decided to have a float in the Christmas parade. WOO HOO!! Two of my favorite things put together. It's the equivalent of putting chocolate with caramel. ;-)
9. I am doing the Beth Moore Bible Study "Here and Now... There and Then". It's on the Book of Revelation. LOVE. IT. I highly recommend it.
10 I've been listening to a song the last couple of weeks that really touches me. I'll post the link below. It's such an awesome reminder that no matter what goes on in this world/our lives, the most important thing is whether or not we are leading others to Christ. Whether directly witnessing, or just living our lives as an example of Christ's love. I don't always do that, but I'm trying.
Well, guess I'll end the list with this. Guess I had more to say than I thought. LOL.. ;-) I will try to be a better blogger.
Enjoy the song/video.