Saturday, February 23, 2008

I blame the NyQuil...

The last couple of days have been really bad for my sinuses. I have developed a cough, as has "Little Mark" and my Mom. My ears are stopped up and hurt, sinuses are draining, my eyes are hurting and I have a sinus headache. :-(

It all started Wednesday night with a "tickle" in my throat and "itchy" ears. That's how I know I have a sinus attack coming on. However, "Little Mark" had a 4-H competition on Thursday night, so there was no rest or heavy meds taken. You will be happy to know he received a blue ribbon and will be competing at the District level for the "Fashion Show/Buyers Division". That night also brought rain, wind and cold. NOT good for sinus/cough.

The heavy meds came out Thursday night and NyQuil came out last night. Have y'all ever had weird dreams from NyQuil? I can't even begin to describe most of my dreams, but the part I do remember was from my childhood. It is amazing that I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, but I can remember most everything that happened 25-30 years ago.

I actually woke up this afternoon remembering the weekly television line up we watched when we were little. Seriously.

Sunday night at 6:00 pm was "The Wonderful World of Disney" - this was when Walt, even though he had passed, still influenced the show and they actually showed FAMILY movies.

Monday - 6:00 pm was Sha Na Na and then "Little House on the Prairie" - my favorite episode is still the 2 parter on "Sylvia". I had the biggest crush on Matthew Laborteaux.

Tuesday - "Happy Days" followed by "Laverne and Shirley".

Wednesday - I don't really remember much on Wednesday, but we did attend Missionettes, so we didn't watch much that night.

Thursday - Daddy got paid on Thursdays, so we usually went out to eat and shopping.

Friday - The Donny and Marie Show is what I remember on Fridays. :-) I LOVED that show. I really wish they had a channel on satellite that played nothing but old variety shows. :-)

Saturday - Aside from a myriad of Saturday morning cartoon/shows like Scooby Doo and the Sid and Marty Kroft shows, Saturday night was, if I remember correctly, "Sonny and Cher" and "Hardy Boys Mysteries". I always thought Shaun Cassidy was so cute. :-)

Clearly, we watched WAY TOO MUCH television. "Little Mark" does come by it honestly. :-) Perhaps tonight the NyQuil will bring an original dream. Maybe "Sigmond the Sea Monster" goes to "Dallas" with the "Bugaloos".... I really need to lie down now....

Love,
Wendy Darling

1 comment:

Princess LadyBug said...

I hope you start feeling better soon.