Monday, February 25, 2008


This will put me in a sugar coma...


Have y'all seen this new show, "Down Home with the Neelys?" Oh my word, y'all, they are too cute. I had seen them once on Paula's Party, but I caught their show yesterday on the Food Network. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I really like Gina's sassy attitude. :-)The following is a direct quote from the Food Network site " Pat and Gina Neely and their family own and operate some of Tennessee's best - and devilishly delicious - barbecue restaurants. But when they are relaxing at home in Memphis, they love to create tasty dishes their whole family can enjoy. Now they're ready to share secrets from their famous restaurant dishes along with their tastiest family-friendly recipes."


One of the recipes they shared yesterday almost put me in sugar coma just seeing it on TV, so you know I can't wait to make it. :-) Here it is




Butter, for greasing pan

1 (21-ounce) box brownie mix

3 large eggs

1 cup chopped pecans

10 chocolate-caramel covered wafers ( she used TWIX bars, y'all)


Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
Prepare brownies as directed on the box for "cake-like" brownies but add additional 3 eggs. Spread half the batter into an 8 by 8-inch prepared pan, top evenly with the pecans and chocolate caramel covered wafers.. Cover with remainder of batter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the brownies are almost cooked through. Remove brownies from oven. Cool completely. Remove brownies from pan keeping square intact. Place on a baking sheet.


Top with ganache, whipped topping, raspberries, and chocolate shavings.

Ganache:

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped finely

1/2 cup heavy cream warmed


Mix together syrup and chocolate. Pour warm cream over syrup and chocolate. Stir until melted.


Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.


Now, does that sound like it would put you in a sugar coma or what?! Talk about something for "stress eating!" Next time I need to self-medicate with chocolate I am making this. :-) Of course, my family will have to pull me off the ceiling afterwards, but I think it will be worth it. ;-)


Love,

Wendy Darling

1 comment:

Princess LadyBug said...

Pull you off the ceiling and pick me up off the floor. That really WOULD put me in a coma. :P

I don't think one bite would kill me though. :D