Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Memories of disobedience...

Did you ever disobey your parents by watching something they told you not to, and you still think about today? That happens to me a lot.

Like a lot of people, when I wake up at night I look at the clock. MOST of the time it is 3:15 am. The first thing that enters my mind is ALWAYS "The Amityville Horror." To this day that is really the first thing that I think of, and it still scares me. Why?

I also will not have the head of my bed against a window, and I don't like facing away from the open bedroom door at night. I also do not like uncovered windows. This fear stems from seeing "Salem's Lot" when I was younger. I snuck into the kitchen and peered around the corner just in time to see the boy floating at his friends bedroom window. I can still see his face as he tapped on the glass, beckoning his friend to let him in.

Why do we do this to ourselves? I grew up watching scary movies, even though I was told not too, and to this day they still have an effect on me.

What about you? Does anything still come to mind, or bother you, when you recall disobeying your parents? Surely I am not the only one. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ah! The Amityville Horror! I saw that movie in high school with some friends. I had to drive home alone. I looked in the backseat the whole way. When I got home, I had to listen to a stack of Barry Manilow records, so I could get to sleep. I have never been a fan of horror books or movies.

As for disobedience, well, I was the oldest and most well-behaved of the 4 of us. I'm sure I disobeyed, but I don't have any glaring memories or guilt over it. Sorry.