Clearly, we need to train him better...
So, "Little Mark" and I went to church this morning. The following is a list of highlights while we were there...
1. Little Mark - "I'm still hungry. Let's skip services and go home."
Me- "You are not going home just so you can get on the computer."
Little Mark- (SIGH) Let's go to church.
2. Upon seeing the guest singer get up to the microphone...
Little Mark - (a little too loudly) "Is that S, our Youth Pastor?"
Me - No. Now be quiet.
Little Mark - "It sure looks like him. Are you sure?"
Me- "Yes! He's a guest singer. Now be quiet. I'm trying to listen."
3. Little Mark then proceeds to keep looking closely at me to see if I am going to cry during the song. Yes, I did.
4. Upon hearing the pastor say, "We will be observing the Lord's Supper this morning and if you are visiting us, and you know the Lord Jesus as your Saviour, we would love for you to partake with us.... we don't care want denomination you are..."
Little Mark: "I'm half Presbyterian."
Me: - "SHH.."
Little Mark- "I am! I'm part Presbyterian on my Mama's side."
Me- (trying to stifle a laugh) "SHHHHHHHH!"
5. During the Lord's Supper..
Little Mark- "Why do we have to wait to eat the bread? We don't have to wait at Mama's church. They just put it in your mouth and you eat it."
After eating the bread...
"This bread is stale. It needs yeast."
Me- "UGH!" "SHHHH" thinking "note to self. Go over the symbolism of the Lord's Supper with him AGAIN."
6. Little Mark- "Why do we have to be so quiet while they pass everything out?" Why is that person crying?"
Me- "If you do not stop talking right now I will ground you for eternity."
7. Upon receiving the juice....
Little Mark - (Again, a little too loudly) "We get real wine at Mama's church."
Clearly, I have failed him...