Sunday, September 07, 2008

An amazing woman...

I promise that I am not going to turn this blog into just posts with videos. :-) However, I began a new Bible study tonight, "Walk By Faith," and this woman is so amazing that I wanted to share her with you. If you have never heard of Jennifer Rothschild, then you need to get acquainted with her and her story. The following is taken directly from her website:

"
For Jennifer Rothschild, these words are much more than the lyrics from a familiar hymn; they represent a foundation upon which many life lessons have been learned…in the dark

At the young age of fifteen, Jennifer was diagnosed with a rare, degenerative eye disease that would eventually steal her sight. It was more than a turning point for the Miami, Fl, native. Her dreams of becoming a commercial artist and cartoonist faded. Words and music have replaced her canvas and palette for more than 25 years.

Known for her substance, and a down-to-earth style, Jennifer weaves together colorful illustrations, universal principles, and music to help audiences find contentment, walk with endurance, and celebrate the ordinary. Through her signature wit and poignant story-telling, audiences are prompted to look beyond their circumstances to find unique “gifts,” in unusual packaging."

Of course, me being me I wanted to share videos of her with you. I found two that I really wanted to share, so I am posting both. They are not long, and believe you will truly be blessed after seeing them.






2 comments:

Michele Helms said...

WoW....This video really encouraged me! Thank You!

Julie said...

Wendy,

I made your bagel dogs over the weekend. My son loved them. I was hoping he could eat them for lunch every now and again. As soon as he discovered them, they were gone in 3 days. Oh, well. So much for planning ahead. I think I will use the same idea with some other fillings, too. The bread was really good.

Thanks for sharing.