Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"The Warrior is a Child"

Several years ago, when I used to sing specials in church, this was one song I tried to sing a lot. I say "tried", because I rarely made it through without crying. I always choked up at the same place.

"People say that I'm amazing, never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies that lay me at His feet"

Can I get an "amen"? The words to this song are so moving, I don't know how Twyla Paris got through it every time she sang it. Very beautifully too, I might add. :-)

This afternoon I heard this song on the radio. I hadn't heard it in so long, and the second it came on I immediately knew what it was. I turned it up and began to sing. I remembered ALL the words, and then the part came. And I choked up. Praise God. :-)

So, I decided that since I probably won't be posting for a week I would leave y'all with this video. I pray that it blesses you as much as it blesses me. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling





2 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

Amen, Sistah!

Julie said...

I don't know if we have ever sung that at church. I've never learned all the words to it. It is beautiful.

Have a wonderful, refreshing vacation!