Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I guess I still have a lot to learn....

Well, I decided today was the day to catch up with our weigh-in. After all, I exercised so much last week, and yesterday, that my knee is now swollen and keeps popping, so I must have lost a bunch, right? Wrong!! I lost 8 oz. Yep. That's all. 8 oz.

I keep telling myself, "At least I didn't gain 8 oz." But, in reality that doesn't make me feel better. Especially because I know the reason. When "Little Mark" was gone I took the opportunity to "Stress Eat". I wanted to relax afterall, and what better way to relax than to have cheese dip? I still did it in moderation. Believe me, it wasn't even close to what it would have been in my "pre-diet" life. But, it was still bad for me. And, I tried to rationalize it by saying, "Look at how much I am exercising?!" So, I guess my thinking hasn't changed as much as I thought it had.

What's worse is that I know I should go back to phase 1 for a few days, and I did do it for 2 days last week. But, only 2 days. How on earth did I last 9 days in the beginning when I can't get past 2 days now? I know in the end I will end up doing it, and I will do better, I am just angry with myself, and again, it is all mental.

BTW... the whole knee thing is probably because it is cold here. Autumn has finally arrived in East Texas!! :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

3 comments:

Julie said...

Don't think of it as 8 oz. Think of it as 1/2 a pound!

Hang in there. You are doing great. You exercise more than I ever thought about exercising.

Princess LadyBug said...

Stop beating yourself up about it and keep moving forward.

You're doing GREAT!

WendyDarling said...

Thank ya'll. :-) Your comments help keep me going more than you know. :-)