Wednesday, October 31, 2007


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....


OK, so it's not really. Fall is, finally, arriving in East Texas and I love it! But, as most of you know I LOVE Christmas. I love everything about it. I love the smells of baking, especially gingerbread! I love watching the children's faces, I love the music, the (prayerfully) cold weather, the decorations, hot cider, decorating the tree, buying/making gifts for other people, especially strangers, etc... EVERYTHING. Not to forget Christmas lights!
If you will recall I started listening to Christmas music back in July. :-)
Well, this week one of my FAVORITE places opens. Santa Land. I LOVE, Santa Land. My favorite sections are the religious section and Angels All Around. We have a light there in memory of our nephew, Glenn Thomas. :-)

I want to go there so badly this weekend I think I may be more excited than a child on Christmas morning. :-) To me, this starts the holiday season. :-) I just can't help it, I get that excited. :-) The other that will make it exciting is using my new camera to take some pictures of the lights. I think I may be able to get some great shots this year. :-) I am going to try everything I can to get there this weekend. I would even consider it part of my Christmas present if my sister wants to help pay the entrance fee. :-)
I know I have blogged about my favorite Christmas memories, here, and they are still my favorite so far. :-) What about you? What is your favorite Christmas memory? Blog about it, and then let me know you did so I can come and read it. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I LOVE Christmas, too. In fact, one of my only sources of income since I had children has been making Christmas decorations. I would be hard pressed to come up with one favorite Christmas memory. I have claimed Christmas as the holiday at my house. We have people there from 9 in the morning until very late in the evening. The crowd changes as the day progresses. I cook breakfast and a big, late afternoon meal. I just love having friends and family around all day.

Julie said...

Ooops, I wrote using my son's account. I didn't notice that he was signed in.