Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

Ok. This has made it's way around e-mails, blogs, etc. So, I thought I would post mine here. It's an easy way to get a blog entry, don't you think? :-) Ok, once you've read mine, then please post your answers on your blog. Leave me a comment so that I can visit your blog and read your entry. :-) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Wrapping paper or gift bags? both

Real tree or artificial? artificial

When do you put up the tree? The Saturday after Thanksgiving.

When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day

Do you like eggnog? I can take it or leave it, but I prefer hot chocolate or Wassail

Favorite gift received as child? Stereo/Camera

Do you have a Nativity scene? I have a small one that sits on the table, but I would LOVE a big one for the front yard.

Hardest person to buy for? Little Mark

Easiest person to buy for? Mom

Worst Christmas Gift you ever received. I can't think of one

Mail or email Christmas cards? I prefer to mail them, but I like getting either.
Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

When do you start shopping for Christmas ? I do it throughout the year

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, and if I give a gift that I am not sure they will like I encourage them to regift it as well.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas ? Anything!!

Clear lights or colored on the tree? I prefer clear, but we have multi-colored.

Favorite Christmas song? TOO MANY to name just one. Seriously. Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas music?

Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? of course!

Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do them in the morning, but I have been told that the boys will get to open one this Christmas Eve.

Most annoying thing about this time of year? grumpy people, no snow.

What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing ? I don't think any of them are "corny", but our tradition is to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and "Luke 2 1-20", then leave out cookies for Santa and veggies for the reindeer. We also do an Advent Wreath. Then, the boys go to bed and adults play a game. :-)

Ugliest decoration ever invented? There are some stained glass balls that I really don't like.

Themed trees or "homey" trees? I really like the homey, like we have. But, one day I would love to also have a themed tree.

Love,
Wendy Darling

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I posted on my blog.......

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I agree with you about Christmas songs - I Love Christmas Music!

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

First time here .. I like what you have posted throughout, but I am being obidient and letting you know that I did the Christmas MeMe on my blog a few days ago.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!