Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where has the time gone?


Oh my goodness, y'all. I can't believe it has been 6 days since I last posted. Everyday I intended to post, but something happened and I didn't. OR, nothing happened and I didn't have anything to post. So, hence the 6 day absence.


However, the last few days I have wanted to blog about some things, but time got away from me, and since I actually do need rest I went to bed instead of post. So, let's talk briefly about those things. :-)


First, let's discuss the time change. LEAVE IT ALONE!! I know why they did originally, but my goodness does it mess up the internal "clock."


Secondly, I had A LOT I wanted to say about the California court of Apeals decision regarding homeschooling, but DeeDee said it so much better than I that I am just going to refer to her post here. All I can say is, "You go, girl!! I agree with you whole hearted." :-) Thankfully, I got this statement from HSLDA today, " State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jack O'Connell comes to the defense of homeschool families. "The California Department of Education policy will not change in any way as a result of this ruling. Parents still have the right to homeschool in this state," he said. That is encouraging. :-)


I was also going to do a post about duct tape and rubber mallets. My brother says, "You can fix anything with duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it isn't supposed to use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it is supposed to use WD40." I would like to add rubber mallets to that list, because for the last few months that is the only way we got the blower to work in our van, and it got the right window to go up when it was stuck. BUT, we no longer have to worry about that, and you can read all about it here.


Don't you love how I am writing about all kinds of stuff, but making you go read it elsewhere so it sounds really intelligent and stuff? :-)


I am so excited about a new movie coming out. I cannot wait to see this movie! And, since the site says it better than I can I am just posting the info they sent down below, and... you got it.... I'm sending you over there. :-) You get to watch the trailer. Enjoy!!


In 2006, Sherwood Pictures and Provident Films released a movie about a high school football team discovering that with God, nothing is impossible. Produced by a church on a shoestring budget, FACING THE GIANTS became the surprise hit of the year, touching the hearts of more than 1.5 million people in theatres. In 2007, the film came out on DVD and was the best-selling entertainment product (DVD or CD) in Christian stores for the entire year!
Now it's 2008 and ...
Welcome to FIREPROOF, an action-packed love story that will have audiences laughing, crying, and on the edge of their seats as they are drawn into the world of a firefighter, his wife ... and a marriage worth rescuing. FIREPROOF is the third movie from Sherwood Pictures, the hope-filled, heartfelt moviemaking ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church that continues to touch the world from Albany, Georgia.

Love,

Wendy Darling

No comments: