Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dear Peter,

How are you today? I hope you are well. I thought I would write and tell you about something I am excited about. I have discovered a new TV channel that I just LOVE! It is called American Life TV Network. This is what TV Land SHOULD be. (and was at one time.) My family recently "upgraded" our cable. I never knew this channel existed, but it is wonderful. This shows all of the old shows that I used to watch, and even some before my time. :-) Shows like "Chico and the Man", "Welcome Back Kotter", "77 Sunset Strip", "I'll Fly Away" and "Homefront", "OUr Gang". These are the shows the whole family could watch.

If you want to check it out go here: http://www.goodtv.com/ In my opinion the only thing that could make it better would be adding the old variety shows like "Sonny and Cher", "Donny and Marie" and "Hee Haw". :-)

OK, I know I sound crazy, but I love these old shows. I wish TV Land would follow suit and go back to the old lineups they had in the beginning. SOme of the shows now are ok. "Little House...", "Andy Griffith" and "Good Times" are cool, but I can only take so much "Cheers". What about "The Hardy Boys?" "Nancy Drew?" "The Waltons?" "Leave it to Beaver?" "Father Knows Best?" Where are these old shows?

If I ever get rich I would love to buy my own independent network. My "dream" channel if you will. I would show the above mentioned shows as well as the following...

1. I Married Joan

2. My Little Margie

3. Palmerstown, U.S.A.

4. Family

5. Call to Glory (I know it only lasted one season, but I really liked it)

6. Ozzie and Harriet

7. Burns and Allen

8. Sha Na Na

9. Mickey Mouse Club

10. The old Hanna Barberra Cartoons

There are so many more, but these were the first to come to me. How about you? If you could have your "Dream" channel which 10 would you put on there? List the ones that are not on TV now.
(i.e. "Cosby", "Happy Days", etc...) Go for the ones no one thinks of that we/you loved. :-)

I look forward to reading your list.

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: