Friday, August 03, 2007


High School MeMe....


Ok, I have seen this meme several times and I have been intending to do it, so tonight is the night. (Aren't you very lucky?) I went to high school in a small, hick town in Central Texas. So, this may be pretty boring. :-)


1. Who was your best friend? Rita Johnson was my best friend. We lived several miles outside of town, and the only thing to do in that small town was either (a) drink and make the "drag", or (b) make the "drag" and dodge those who drank. I chose to do neither, so I didn't get out much. But, Rita didn't mind coming out to get me, so I hung out with her a lot, mostly our Senior year.


2. Did you play any sports? No. As a matter of fact, after Sophomore year I didn't even take P.E. anymore. Which may be one reason why I am now doing the "Fat Smash Diet."


3. What kind of car did you drive? I had a long, yellow "limo" with a driver by the name of "Bubba". OK, so it was the school bus, so sue me. BUT, the driver's name WAS Bubba. (Told you it was a small, hick town.)


4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Well, let's see. Sophomore year I was probably at home. My siblings and I would play cards, monopoly or something. OR we rented a VCR and watched movies. Junior year I was probably working at the local Dairy Queen. Senior year, I was either working at the Dairy Queen, at Rita's house (or making the drag looking for HER boyfriend, or at home.) (I know, I'm pathetic)


5. Were you a party animal? Have you been reading so far?! I WAS BORING!!!


6. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so. Although, I did have several crushes throughout those years, and did make a "fool" of myself more than once. But, I have no emotional scarring from that. Really. (yeah....)


7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Not in high school.


8. Were you a nerd? I don't think so.


9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? I didn't get suspended. I was threatened with it my Freshman year. This was in a different school, and at that school the "9th grade" was still in the "Middle School". I participated in a "walk out" to get prayer back in school. We were threatened with suspension, but I didn't get suspended.


10. Can you sing the fight song? yes


11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Golden, my homemaking teacher. She helped me win a homemaking scholarship, so that I could attend college. I was the ONLY one in the state of Texas to win it. :-)


12. What was your school mascot? A Bison (we were the Buffalo Bisons, because....you know...the Buffalo Buffaloes would have just sounded stupid.)


13. Did you go to the Prom? No, I chose to work, so that the girls who actually cared about prom could go.


14. If you could go back, would you? Nope


15. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember drinking champagne at the "family party", and not liking it. I also remember just being glad it was all over. That was a week from you know where. I had Mono, and I had to come in each day long enough to take the tests I had that particular day and leaving.


16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? At home with Mono.


17. Did you have a job your senior year? yes. At the aforementioned Dairy Queen.


18. Where did you go most often for lunch? We stayed at school. I was either in the library, or under the tree between the two buildings.


19. Have you gained weight since then? Uh.... YEAH!


20. What did you do after graduation? Attended a Private Jr. College on a choir scholarship, received my Assoc. of Science. Worked different jobs, and now I homeschool and blog for you lovely people. :-)


21. What year did you graduate? 1987


22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? I didn't attend


23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? I did not attend my 10 year reunion, and I don't plan to attend the 20 year either. They may have already had it for all I know.


Feel free to do this one. If you do, please send me the link so I can read yours. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was fun! Buffalo Buffalos...I'm still cracking up!

Kwizgiver said...

what if this is as good as it gets?: hope this works!

I don't think you're boring. Not at all!!

WendyDarling said...

It worked, Kwizgiver. :-) I really like it. :-)