Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finally, weigh-in #7

After 3 weeks of being "down" I went to weigh-in this morning. The rash is completely gone, so I am determined to get things back to normal, and live through the pain.

I fully expected to have gained weight, because I have not exercised in those 3 weeks, and I have cheated some. But, I lost 4.3 lbs. It makes me wonder how much I could have lost if I hadn't allowed myself to "stress eat". I have noticed that my portions are getting a little bigger, and I did eat some frozen pizza. The other night I ate a cheeseburger and onion rings from Sonic. And a couple of BITE SIZE Snickers. But, NO MORE. I DO NOT want to gain back even one pound of the weight I have worked so hard to lose.

So, my mind is once again being focused on the "prize". I have met my first goal of 25 in the first 13 weeks. I have set my new goal. I would like to lose 30 pounds by December 1st. When I meet that goal that means I will have lost about 73 lbs, since I have now lost 43.3 lbs. SO, today starts at "0". My new jumping off point. :-)

My birthday is on Sunday. I'll be 39. I have decided that I will not "splurge" to celebrate. No cake, etc... It will make a great birthday if I can weigh-in next Friday and show a loss of at least 3 pounds. That will be the best birthday present. :-)

Love,
Wendy

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's amazing that you were able to lose weight despite your circumstances. Your body must be really happy with you right now. : )

And happy birthday!