Sunday, September 09, 2007

Mystery is solved.......

I just came back from the ER, again. My family made me go, because I had another sleepless night. I told them everything that has been happening, the doctor took one look at the rash and said, "You have shingles." It's a virus that attacks the nerves, not muscles. I now know more about shingles then I ever wanted to know.

It is not common in my age group, but does happen. Everything he described that could/would happen has happened. In a way a feel a huge relief that I know what the problem is, but it still doesn't make the pain go away. Hopefully, the med's they prescribed will.

He said if I had been diagnosed with it from the beginning it would have been better, but I hope it works. He couldn't believe I have survived the last few weeks without the proper meds, because he has had them and knows how painful they are.

My only dread now is that it is contagious to people who have not had Chicken Pox. Homeschool group starts tomorrow, and I am not sure what is going to happen. I may not be able to go. :-(

Also, let me publicly apologize to people at Bio Freeze for thinking it was there product.

Love,
Wendy Darling

1 comment:

Julie said...

For heaven's sake. You poor dear. You must be one tough cookie to be dealing with that all this time. I'm impressed. I'm glad you finally got the right diagnosis. I hope you are all better soon.