Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Birthday "Little Mark"


Today we are celebrating "Little Mark's" 12th birthday. I can't believe is already 12. I feel old, y'all. REAL old. However, it's been fun, and the grilled flank steak smells yummy. I can't wait to eat it. Little Mark decided to take it easy on me this year and only asked for a "simple chocolate cake." I didn't have to make this or this or anything of equal difficulty. Thank you "Little Mark." ;-)

Loving Sister and her hubby came in last night with the younger nephew. They leave tonight after we have the great "grilled flank steak dinner." :-) Last night they decided to take "Little Mark" back home, so he could enjoy the fire works. In the last 3 hours it was decided that I will be going as well, because it has been years since I have seen some great fireworks. That's it. No planning, just being flexible. As Terry would say, "That's how I roll." So, instead of rushing around the house packing I am here blogging to you lovely people, because I'm thoughtful like that. ;-)

Although, I can't help thinking there won't be much R&R going on for me. Between the 2 nephews, and the 5 year old Loving Sister babysits, we will be knee deep in testosterone. I don't even want to think of how many arguments/fights we will have to break up or referee. I think Loving Sister and I will be stopping by a pharmacy for a mega bottle of Excedrin Migraine. I'm just sayin'.

OH, and I will be teaching "Little Mark" while we are up there. :-) It's great how SOS can be printed so you can "teach on the road." ;-)

So, that's how I will be spending the week, and the 4th of July. How about you? What are your plans?

Love,
Wendy Darling


1 comment:

Julie said...

Let's see. My mother's birthday is Monday. Thursday is Aunt Sarah's birthday. She's going to be 85. I doubt we will do much for her that day because we are throwing her a big party on Sunday. Friday we go out to the lake with all of the relatives on my dad's side who live reasonably close. We eat too much, catch up on everyone, play on the jet skis, and then light fireworks after dark. It will be a busy few days. Have fun where you are!