Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A list/And a milestone is reached...

It's been a long day, and I am behind on posting, so I am reduced to listing today's adventures. (Try to control your excitement) :-)

"Angel" came to our home again this morning. (Did I mention I am baby-sitting through the summer?) I am. Apparently she has been sick for a couple of weeks; but we are just learning of it. She has a rather bad cough which I am sure is from allergies. Her personality really blossomed this last year at pre-school. Unfortunately, so did her attitude. NOT good.

Also, the child will not have anything to do with clothes or toys if it does not have a picture of a superhero on it; preferably Spiderman or Batman. She even wears boy pajamas, because "girl pajamas have princess stuff" and she doesn't like that. Her mother told me that my mission this summer is to convince her she is a girl. Angel's mission is to prove me wrong. :-)

Can I just quickly say how HOT and HUMID it is here in East TX? Well, it is! I am trying really hard not to complain, because our soldiers are sweltering in higher temps with no air conditioning , and other places in the world are dealing with devastation from earthquakes and tornadoes, so I really have no right to complain over some heat and humidity. OK, I'll stop now.

"Little Mark" left for church camp yesterday, and it sounds like he is having a really great time. ;-) I never went to church camp, but Cleggy and my younger sister did. They even had a rather famous singer for their music leader. It was Al Denson. I always loved his songs, "Nothing Can Separate Us" and "Thin Ice". VERY much '80s music, but great songs. ;-)

I did reach a milestone! It probably means nothing to you, and shouldn't mean anything to me, but for some reason it makes me smile... I have had over 1000 views on my profile. (I know, I am being shallow.) But, it is kind of neat to think that people from all over the world have visited my blog. Oh, I know several were by accident when they were looking up other things like the lyrics to "Shine Down" by Sandi Patti, or "hope you are doing well"...but still, it's neat. :-)

I'll leave you with an Al Denson video. :-)
Love,
Wendy Darling


2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Congrats on the 1,000 milestone! I don't think that's shallow.

;-)

LaVon Baker said...

East Texas? I'm a Texas girl, too. Raised my girls in Kaufman, Texas in the 70's, 80's & 90's before moving to OK in '95.
The humidity is high over here in Branson, also, but like you, I'm trying not to complain. I have the temp widget for Baghdad on my blog to remind me that I 'ain't' got it so bad.