Friday, August 15, 2008

Grocery Cart Challenge



It's time for Grocery Cart Challenge, again. :-) I like participating in this each Friday. :-)

I actually posted this recipe back in May, but I wanted to post it again. Why? Well, 1) It's a good recipe, 2) I don't have to type a brand new recipe. :-)

Be sure to hop on over to Gayle's to see all of the other great recipes! Her Breakfast Parfait looks great!! :-)

We got this from the "Kraft: Food and Family Magazine" last month. If you are not familiar with this magazine please visit them here, and sign up to receive this free magazine. They really are full of great recipes y'all.

Anyway, on with the recipe. This is an awesome recipe. Little Mark LOVED them. He ate 4 that night at dinner. FOUR! Even after he declared "that looks nasty; I'm not eating it." Yeah, bud, try saying that with your mouth full of tuna cake. :-) Before posting the recipe let me just say that when we made it we doubled the recipe and only made half of the recipe for dinner that night, and then the rest at lunch the next day. It worked wonderfully. :-)

TUNA CAKES
prep time: 10 minutes Total: 26 minutes, including refrigerating.

2 cans (6 oz each) of light tuna in water, drained and flaked
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken. (we used the "off-brand" cornbread stuffing and it worked just fine.)
1 C Kraft shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 C shredded carrots
1/3 C Kraft Mayo Real Mayonnaise
2 Tbl. Sweet Pickle Relish
3/4 C water

Mix the tuna, stuffing mix, cheese, carrots, dressing, relish and water in a bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Scoop tuna mixture, using about 1/3 C for each cake, into skillet in batches. Try using an ice cream scoop to make evenly portion batches. (We did and it worked great!)
Gently flatten cakes using a spatula. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown on both sides, turning cakes over carefully. Makes 6 servings, 2 tuna cakes each.

I am sorry that there aren't any photos this time, but believe me when I tell you that these are AMAZING, and healthy. :-) Enjoy!

Love,
Wendy Darling

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome....i will try these for my fiance....i happen to LOVE tuna but my OB said not to have any until my baby is born but no worries my honey will get a treat tonight.....glad i found it, i was just going to prepare a mac and cheese stand-by for this evenings meal...yay and cheers to you for saving dinner for me (lol)

Gayle said...

These sound great!

MamaFeelgood said...

I've been looking for a good recipe. Thanks for posting!