Monday, August 18, 2008

Homemade Hair Detangler

"Angel" has been less than diligent when it comes to brushing her hair. She showed up a few weeks ago with a terrible "rats nest" in the back of her hair. She would NOT let me comb it out. So, out of desperation I thought about buying some "No More Tangles" stuff. But, then I thought "Why not make it myself?" I poured some conditioner into a spray bottle with some water. Shook it up, and sprayed it on.

I told her it "works like magic. If you stay VERY still while I comb your hair the tangle will come out, and it will not hurt." She bought it, and IT WORKED. :-)

I did an Internet search to see if there was a recipe, and there are plenty. This is how I made mine.

1 C water in a spray bottle
about 1/4 conditioner
shake to mix

I use the same conditioner I use when I make my own fabric softener. It works great. Once it dries it doesn't look "wet/slick" or anything. Her hair looked and smelled great.

I don't really get into the whole "break down to the penny" thing, but it cost me around 25 cents to make this, and it will last a long time. :-) MUCH cheaper than the name brand. ;-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: