Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sing, Sing a Song...
"Little Mark" had a hard time doing it, but he finally admitted that he likes some of the songs on my MP3 player. ;-)

Every so often I take my mp3 player in the car with us, and I put it in. (One can only take some much Raven, Hannah and Jonas Brothers...) I tell him he can play any song, as long as it is off of MY mp3 player. I have noticed that he will put on one song, and then he will change it and say, "I know you want to hear this one." He always puts on the same 3 songs. Then, he will say (with a huge sigh) "I don't really like it, but I know you like it." (Insert violins here) ;-)

Today, he did the same thing on the way home from church. I told him, again, "You don't have to play just those songs. I like all of them on there, so play what you want. He responds, "No, it's okay." Then I few minutes later he admits, "OK, I do like them." :-) You could tell it just killed him to admit it. ;-)

The songs in question? "Amazing Grace", by Chris Tomlin; "Every Head Bowed" by Randy Travis; and THIS ONE:









Yes, my friends. That is the theme to the "Greatest American Hero," and it IS on my mp3 player. ;-) In all of its cheesy, 80s glory. ;-) And, I figured if I'm going to share it, I'm going to do it right. Here it is in a LIVE Solid Gold performance, complete with the SG dancers. :-) And "Little Mark" likes the song. ;-) The day he replaces a Raven, Hannah and Allie and AJ song with these 3, I will be one happy Aunt. ;-)

2 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

WoW! I had no idea the guy looked like that. Heck, I didn't even know who sang that song. :P

Um, and what was with Andy & Marilyn during the bridge? Too funny!

Oh and please do not hold your breath waiting for him to replace one of his songs with yours. I think that might be a long wait. He'll just figure out how to make the songs he has smaller so he can fit more on it. :P

Kwizgiver said...

I LOVE that song. Love it!vci