Sunday, August 31, 2008

Music Meme:

I stole this one from Cleggy. :-)

  1. List 10 musical artists you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below). (Only 10?) :-(

    1.George Strait
    2. Eric Dodge
    3. Rosemary Clooney
    4. Casting Crowns
    5. The Temptations (The ORIGINAL)
    6. The Carpenters
    7. Michael W. Smith
    8. Harry Connick Jr.
    9.Mandissa
    10. The Jonas Brothers (okay, I admit it... their good. Don't tell the nephew)

  2. What was the first song you ever heard by 6?

    Oh goodness, I don't remember... I want to say we sang "Sing a Song" in elementary school, but I didn't know they sang it. I also learned "On Top of the World" at church (changed a few lyrics), but again, I didn't know it was a Carpenters' song.

  3. What is your favorite song of 2?

    OH DON'T DO THAT TO ME!!! I love a lot of Eric's songs. Oh man, if I HAD to pick just one.... "That's Who I Wanna Be". NO, "Why Not Today." NO, "The Dash".... Can I just say, "Grab both CDs and point to one?" :-)
4. What is your favorite lyric by #5?

I really like most of the songs by The Temptations, but I really like "Just My Imagination". The reason why I love this part of it, is because of the way Paul sings it. He puts so much passion into it, and if we are honest we would all admit that we have felt this way about a guy/girl at least once in our life. Right? :-)

Every night, on my knees I pray,
"Dear Lord, hear my plea...
don't ever let another take her love from me
or I will surely die.."
Ooh, her love is heavenly;
when her arms enfold me,
I hear a tender rhapsody...
but in reality, she doesn't even know me

Just my imagination -- once again --
running away with me.
It was just my imagination
running away with me.
I never met her, but I can't forget her.
Just my imagination..
-- ooh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah --
running away with me

5. How many times have you seen 4 live?


Just once, but I would love to see them again. That was just one huge worship service!! It was awesome!

6. What is your favorite song by 7?

Oh, that's another hard one. I really like most of his songs, but I have always liked "Picture Perfect."

7. Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad?

"County Your Blessings" always makes me cry. It depends on the mood or circumstance if they are happy or sad tears. It is just a very moving song if you really think about it.

8. What is your favorite lyric of number 2?

Man! You're doing it to me, again!! Okay, I'm going to say these from "The Dash."

Someday they're going to carve two dates beneath my name in stone,
One for when I first arrived, one for when I say, "Goodbye".
I can't change when I got here, or when I'm going home
But there's still a little time in the middle that's mine, all mine

The dash between the dates the gift we've all been given.
That little line that takes us from the cradle up to heaven.
You're born and then you die.
Life goes by so fast, and it's all riding on the dash...

9. What is your favorite song by #9?

This is a tough one too, but I am going to have to say "Shackles." Mandissa can flat out SANG that song!

10. When did you first get into #1?

The first time I heard him sing "Amarillo By Morning." It was on the Country Music Awards in the early 80s, and he was so cute, and did a wonderful job. He is still very good looking, and the man can SING! And do I really need to mention "Pure Country?" Hello????

11. How did you get into #3?

I have always like the Standards, but I guess I really got into her after seeing "White Christmas." I just love her voice. :-)

12. What is your favorite song by #4?

OOOHHH, that is a hard one!!! Umm..... if I HAD to choose, "East from the West", from the "Altar and the Door" album. Although every one of their songs are amazing.

13. How many times have you seen 9 in concert?

None, but I would LOVE to. Especially if it was joined by a Beth Moore Seminar! :-)

14. What is a good memory concerning #4?

The concert that the nephew and I attended together. I worked getting the dressing rooms ready to get free tickets, and just being able to share that with him was awesome. And, of course the concert/worship was amazing. The night was a lot of fun, and I got a lot of joy from sharing it with him.

15. Is there a song by 10 that makes you sad?

No. Not sad.

16. What is your favorite song of #1?

Oh. My. Goodness. I have no idea how to narrow that one down. Ugh.... how do you choose a FAVORITE George Strait song?!..... I can't do it.... I'm sorry.

17. How did you become a fan of #10?

The nephew playing them ALL THE TIME wore me down. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: