Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Catherine's had a sale..."

Today we went SHOPPING! WOO HOO! :-) We don't get to do that very often. We originally went to get the things I would need for Course II of the cake decorating class. I also needed pantyhose for church tomorrow. Let me just interject here what a TORTURE it is to wear pantyhose in Texas in the SUMMER.

Anyway, while we were there we noticed that they had a clearance sale advertised. I mentioned it to my sister, and she said, "Unless it is 90% off we can't even look." As we walked in the kind lady at the registered greeted us with these words, "Everything on the clearance racks are an EXTRA 40% off of the CLEARANCE price. The clearance price was already 50% off of the original price." Well, that was close enough to 90% off for us. :-)


So, we got some really pretty blouses, and I got a new pair of PJs. Don't laugh, it has been at least 2 years since I have had new PJs. I needed some, desperately. :-) And they are so pretty. :-) Don't you think? Don't judge the body people, that's why I bought the book. :-)

We also ate lunch. I had a large salad, and skipped the pizza. :-) We then bought the book "Fat Smash Diet" and went grocery shopping. We stocked up on fruits, veggies, yogurt and I bought Lentils. I have no clue how to cook Lentils, but I'm willing to give it a shot. :-)


I am actually excited about starting the new food/exercise program. The nephew is already wanting to "jump ship", but I bribed him with his own blog (open only to family to read) when he reaches his short term goal of 25 lbs. ;-) That worked. To even get him to start the program with us I had to let him start his own "Diet Journal" (blog). He was all over that. :-) Again, it is private, only open to family to read. But, being the techno person that he is it works. :-)


All and all I think we had a productive day. :-)


Love,

Wendy Darling

4 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

Very pretty PJ's.

Lentils are just beans really.

Tell the nephew I left him several comments. :D

WendyDarling said...

Thank you. :-) I fell in love with them. :-)

I pass it on. :-)

He posts more than I do!

Julie said...

I have a lovely recipe for lentil stew that I created. I call it Stoup because it really isn't a stew, no meat, but it is so much more than just soup. It's great with a salad and/or crusty bread. Visit my blog if you are interested. It's not posted, but you can comment on something and I'll know who you are.

Good luck with the weight loss. I've been there and know it is hard.

WendyDarling said...

Thank you, Julie. :-) I'll check it out. :-)