Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Trying again...."

My sister, "M" and I are doing a new "Food Program." I prefer the term "food program" to "diet." I do not like the word "diet." I have forever sworn off that word. Every time I "diet" I gain weight.

If you remember my very first post then you remember that I admitted I needed to change my lifestyle/eating habits at that time. I REALLY needed to exercise more. That's been over a year, and let me tell you nothing has changed, except maybe I have gained weight.

I always start out so good, and then I blow it. Well, "M" called me today, and she was telling me about the "Fat Smash Diet" by Dr. Ian Smith. That's the one they use on Celebrity Fit Club. (Ok, you can stop laughing now. Yes, I watched this season.) Anyway, what she said made sense. SO, I have decided to do it with her. I will probably update ya'll on my progress. Pray there IS progress, because I REALLY need to be healthier. I don't care about being "skinny". I just want to be able to walk down to the end of the road without losing air.

For those who are interested this is what my first 9 days will look like:

*All fruits in any quantity*
All vegetables in any quantity (except NO white potatoes oravocados)
you may use no more than 2 tsp. of light dressing to dip vegetables in
*Good Sources of protein (chickpeas, beans, tofu, lentils)
*2 cups of cooked brown rice per day
*2 cups of low fat, skim, or soy milk per day
*1 cup of oatmeal per day
*All herbs and spices
*6 oz. of low fat yogurt (2 per day)
*4 egg whites per day
*2 cups of herbal tea per day
*All the water you want. Try to eat lots of these foods that are high in fiber. This phase lasts exactly 9 days.

Then it's on to Phase 2. I'll blog about that later. The nephew is doing this with us. So, it will be easier for each of us to encourage each other. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. in the next 3 months. I won't tell you how much I have to lose, but trust me it is a lot. So, start praying now. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

5 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

Wowser! Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your progress.

WendyDarling said...

Thank you, Princess. It is going to be a slow start, but I think we will be ok. :-) IF I can be patient and stay committed. :-)

Sarah said...

That's so exciting! I love Celeb Fit Club (and all reality TV)! Let me know how it works, and I may be joining you on it as well!

WendyDarling said...

Will do, Sarah. :-)

Anonymous said...

sounds good keep with it :-)


david