Sunday, July 08, 2007

How far we have come.....

Isn't technology wonderful? We can contact people in so many different ways now. Cell phones, pagers, e-mail, text messaging, IM.... it never ends. We make friends we have never met, and maybe never will. We are always in a position to be in contact with someone, usually.

It's great. But, sometimes I have to wonder, "is it too much?" I know I'm not the first to ask this question, or have this thought. :-) My "epiphany" came this morning in church. I have recently joined the church that my family started attending about 7 months ago. It is big. Before the services start they have a "slide show" on the big screens. The slide show is basically the announcements to remind you of upcoming church events, etc. I think it is great. Really cuts down on time to allow more worship music. Anyway, one of the slides was a reminder to turn off all cell phones, pagers, etc... Just like the kind you see at the movies.

It was then that it hit me. Maybe we are little too accessible. :-) I don't know. I do know that I went from a person who used to say, "I don't want a cell phone." to one who won't leave the house now without it. I have LOVED having it. :-) It is very handy in all situations, not just emergencies. If I am at the grocery store it really saves time, and sometimes money, if I need to call home and ask "Do we need....?"

I just thought I would share this with you. :-)

Love,
Wendy Darling

No comments: