Wednesday, July 11, 2007


Phase 2.....


Okay, the "official" number lost is 14 lbs. and 9 oz. :-) I am still in shock. :-)
I told ya'll last week that when Phase 2 came around I would let you know what I'm allowed. :-) I am now allowed MEAT!! WOO HOO, I am doing the Happy Dance!! :-) Basically I can now have 3 oz. of meat a day. I know, not much. But, after the last 9 days of no meat, I'll take what I can get. :-) That "meat" is chicken, turkey, ground sirloin or extra lean beef, and lamb. OR I could have seafood. 3 oz. of tuna, Halibut, Salmon, Snapper or Striped Bass. ALL of this meat is either baked, grilled or broiled. NO FRIED.


I can also have cereal. Well, certain cereals. I get 1 1/2 C a day of cold cereal and 1/2 a C of hot. I am now allowed 4 tsp. of sugar or sugar substitute. (This will drastically improve the taste of the oatmeal, believe me.)


I can also have 2 T of Fat Free Mayo, and ICED TEA!! Ya'll just do not know how hard it has been to live in TEXAS in the SUMMER and not drink iced tea. Fresh squeezed fruit juice and fresh squeezed lemonade. :-) I am in HEAVEN over all of the food I am allowed now. :-)


For breakfast I ate 1 1/2 C of Chex rice cereal, 8 oz. of skim milk on the cereal, and strawberries.


For lunch today I ate a 3 oz. Grilled Chicken breast with a little tomatillo sauce, because I am now allowed 1/2 of an avocado. Believe me, I didn't eat near 1/2 of the avocado, but it was wonderful on the chicken. :-) I can also have 1 oz. of low fat cheese now. I had that on my salad, and drank a glass of the aforementioned iced tea.


Afternoon snack was a Very Cherry Yogurt.


For dinner I tried a new green bean recipe that I got straight from the "Fat Smash Diet" book.


Here is the recipe:


Teriyaki Green Beans

Serves 4


1 1 lb. bag of frozen green beans

2 T olive oil

1/4 C of McCormick Grill Mates Teriyaki grilling sauce

1 C Kikkoman stir-fry sauce

3T of House of Tsang classic stir-fry sauce

2 shakes of Worcestershire sauce

2 shakes of soy sauce

2 shakes of Kikkoman teriyaki sauce


Heat oil until very hot.


Drop frozen beans into oil and turn immediately to coat beans with oil.


Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well coated.


Cook on low until tender, approximately 15 minutes.


Season to taste.


I intended to only make a 1/2 recipe, so I combined all of my sauces into a bowl to put with the beans. Then I accidentally put in the whole pound of beans. I still only used the 1/2 stuff of the sauces, and it was perfect!! :-) It really curbed my craving I've been having for Chinese food.


I also had the Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries that Boo Mama told us about, and a spring salad.


I weigh again July 20th. :-) I PRAY it goes as well as this morning. :-) Thank you all again for your support!!


Love,

Wendy Darling


2 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

Keep up the GREAT work!

And thanks for the yummy recipe. :)

Kwizgiver said...

Speaking of yummy recipes--how about sharing the black bean/corn recipe you mentioned in the commnet at my blog???

xoxo