I have seen this on several blogs, and today DeeDee at It Coulda Been Worse said if we wanted to "consider ourselves tagged". So, I decided to do so.
I too will "bend" the rules, because I live in a town that has few "original" (shall we say) restaurants. Most of them are the basic burger and pizza chains, and that just isn't "Good Eats" as Alton Brown would say. :-)
Here we go:
1. Larissa House - I absolutely love this place!! It is most definitely a one of kind. It is housed in one of the "original" homes in our town. The Chicken Fried Steak is to die for. I also love the "Texas Toothpicks" and the "Southwest Wrap". It is also very reasonably priced. OH, and you have to have the Blueberry Tea if you ever visit. :-) And be sure to sit in the garden room. Being in that room, drinking Blueberry Iced Tea and listening to Harry Connick Jr. play softly in the background. It is the setting for a great novel set in Texas. :-)
2. Jalepeno Tree- Yes, this is a "chain" mexican restaurant, but it is very good. I especially like their quesadillas.
3. Legends Old Time Burger Cafe- Wonderful, HUGE burgers. Definitely worth the money. :-)
4. King's Wok - It may not be the "greatest", but it is the best around here. I really like this Chinese Buffet. :-) I always get the same thing; crab cakes, fried rice, sauteed mushrooms, and several chicken dishes. :-)
5. In a nearby town there is an AWESOME mexican restaurant called "Mercados". I LOVE their fajitas. It comes with garlic butter ya'll. I swear I could just dip the meat in the butter and eat that all night. :-)
OK, now I'm hungry and because of my new "food program" I can't have ANY of this. Not right now anyway. :-)